Saturday, December 24, 2011

Mr. and Mrs. Alderman

I would like to dedicate this post to my beautiful friend, Susan, and her new husband, Andrew.  They got married on December 17, and I am incredibly honored that I could share in their special day.  Here are a few pictures from their wedding weekend.


Kristen holding the bow bouquet that Mandy and I put together in 5 minutes right before the rehearsal.


Mandy, Susan, and I in our matching black shoes for the rehearsal.


Susan attempting to tie Andrew's bow tie.


My attempt...


More attempts at tying the bow tie...


Susan and her dad practicing walking down the aisle - I love Susan's smile here!


"Giving away" the bride


Exchanging their fake vows... "I, yadda yadda, take you, so and so, and stuff..."


The bride, Mandy, and Kallen (Susan's sister-in-law); We went to my house after a delicious rehearsal dinner at AJ's to practice hair, assemble playlists, and put together Susan's veil.  (For our "Songs Not to be Played at a Wedding" playlist, see the end of this post...)


Susan's veil looked quite nice on the bubblegum machine!


Doing our hair on the wedding day


I love this picture!  The photographer taking a picture of Ms. Lena fixing Susan's veil.


The bride with her minions, holding a letter from Andrew; Minutes away from walking down the aisle...


The sun played nicely off the tulle of Susan's dress.


Almost time!

(Unfortunately, that's all I have of the pre-wedding activities, but here are a couple of the reception...)


The bride and groom cutting their gorgeous cake (props to Mrs. Betsey for another fabulous tasting and looking wedding cake!)  Andrew was nice and didn't smear it on Susan's face...



Removing the garter, and the garter toss - notice the blur of movement on the floor...

Congratulations again, and best wishes to the newlyweds!

At about 1am the day of her wedding, Susan was trying to finish the playlist for their reception music; I was going through my music to see if there was anything she wanted to add.  Thus was born the idea of a playlist entitled: Songs Not to be Played at a Wedding.  (NOTE: We did use this playlist while we were getting ready at the church.)

1. Love is Strange (Dirty Dancing)
2. All my Loving (Across the Universe version)
3. Goodbye (Kristinia DeBarge)
4. So What (Pink)
5. Please Don't Leave Me (Pink)
6. Hold Me Tight (Across the Universe)
7. It Won't Be Long (Across the Universe)
8. It's the Hard-Knock Life (Annie)
9. Gaston (Beauty and the Beast)
10. Picture to Burn (Taylor Swift)
11. Cell Block Tango (Chicago)
12. Hungry Eyes (Dirty Dancing)
13. I Don't Wanna Be in Love (Good Charlotte)
14. Forget You (Cee Lo Green - the edited version)
15. Gimme! Gimme! Gimme! (A Man After Midnight) (ABBA)
16. It's Raining Men (Weather Girls)
17. It's Tearing Up My Heart (N'Sync)
18. Bye Bye Bye (N'Sync)
19. Wannabe (Spice Girls)
20. Let's Call the Whole Thing Off (Ella Fitzgerald & Louis Armstrong)

No comments:

Post a Comment