Sunday, October 30, 2011

Good News!

WE'RE GOING HOME FOR THANKSGIVING!!!!

I am so incredibly excited!  Over the past couple months, I've been a bit homesick.  Okay, some days I'm a lot homesick.  I think Davis has been too.  I haven't really made any friends outside of work.  My "work friends" all live in Decatur, so there's no getting together on the weekends.  And I'm still trying to find a church that I'm comfortable with, but it's hard to compete with St. Francis.  I have a feeling that making friends is going to be a long process.  While I consider myself a friendly person, I certainly did not inherit the same social skills as my brother and sister.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand - Thanksgiving!
Davis managed to be scheduled off for Tuesdays during November, and everyone has Thanksgiving day off, so he asked his boss for Wednesday off.  Surprisingly, Joel said yes!  Our plan is to drive home (Madison) early Tuesday and stay through Thursday afternoon sometime.  I am looking forward to spending time with family and eating some delicious "Mama" food :)

1 comment:

  1. Can I "like" this post? I visited with her and we talked about you. It was all good! You mom made some jambalaya (not the Oak Grove kind either). It was yummy and I chased it with a couple of brownies. They were stuck together so I had to eat both. So glad y'all get those days off.

    ReplyDelete