Saturday, May 11, 2013

Baby Names

In just over a week we will hopefully get to know Baby May's gender.

Davis and I have already decided on a boy's name, but the girl's name is proving to be tricky.  The problem with a lot of the names I've always liked is that my aunts and uncles named my cousins by them already - Sarah, Lily, Grace, Katharine...

I want to use or incorporate a family name or a version thereof. We've done that with our boy's name, but can't seem to find a girl's name we both like. I realize not everyone knows our families' names, but I (we) would love to hear some suggestions.

So, any thoughts? PLEASE no names that have topped the "top baby names" lists in the past couple years.

2 comments:

  1. OK you asked for it....A combination of Robyn and Davis - "Robavis"? Unique and a topic of conversation later in life. OR "Tricky" since you stated that was tricky coming up with a girls name. But the godmother really likes Helen, Faith, Sydney, Hope and Monty's suggestion of March April for her first and middle names....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... First thing that comes to mind is Roman names like Augustina, Fortuna, Minerva, and Juno, but please don't consider those seriously. Ones I kind of like are Genevieve, Maya, Sophia, and Evelyn. I don't know if any of those are a family name for you though. (Genevieve is for me, that's my grandmother's name)

    ReplyDelete