Monday, May 6, 2013

Baby May is the Size of a Sweet Potato!

Weeks: 18

Size: Baby May should be about 5.6 inches

Weight (mine): I lost 1 pound between Week 12 and Week 16. My doctor didn't seem too happy about it, but I've been eating significantly healthier so I figure I'm okay. (Also, you can't win when it comes to weight and doctors - you lose weight it's bad...you gain weight it's bad!)

Last Appointment: We had our most recent appointment last Monday (April 22), and Davis went with me this time. They took some more blood from me - and I'm still sporting the green bruise! Then came the fun part - listening to baby's heartbeat and seeing it on the sonogram! I bought a fetal doppler to use at home, and we've been able to hear the heartbeat pretty well using that; however, the doctor's doppler provides a much clearer sound.

Then we got to check in on what Baby May was up to! We could tell that Baby May had the hiccups because it curled up each time it hiccuped. It was also very active, moving around and twisting and turning while we were watching. I must have been holding my breath while watching because I got light-headed and we had to stop (Darn!)

(As a side-note, I don't like calling Baby May "it", so I usually switch back and forth between "he" and "she". I didn't here because I don't want to confuse anyone. With any luck we'll find out the gender at our next appointment May 14!)

Cravings: Salad, fruit, cereal, Wendy's cheeseburgers
I'm finally getting my appetite back enough to have nearly full-size meals again!

Aversions: Pasta, apparently. This is frustrating because it's quick and easy to fix; also, it was one of my favorite foods pre-pregnancy.


I've finally figured out what Baby May's movements feel like. They feel like little nudges or bubbles. I tend to feel them when I'm sitting still, and they've gotten more consistent (at least the ones I can identify).

This weekend my parents brought some of the baby supplies that we've inherited from family (or that my Mama bought from a neighbor). It took us at least an hour to figure out the stroller, pack-n-play (including a bassinet and changing tray), and car seat. I guess our next task is to test the car seat in the car.

Davis has been absolutely wonderful throughout the whole pregnancy. I've had a lot of back issues over the last couple months (my sacroiliac joint, I think), and he's given me lots of back rubs. He's also been taking on more of a role in chores and cooking, which is appreciated more than he knows!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about losing weight. I lost ten pounds in the beginning. But it eventually came back, plus another 16 pounds! :)

    I'm so glad you're starting to feel Baby May a little. It won't be long before you'll feel him/her constantly and forget what it was like before you could feel it!

    ReplyDelete