Friday, March 22, 2013

Baby May is the Size of a Plum

Time for an update!

Weeks: 12

Size: 2.1 inches (unless he/she's short like his/her Mama!), .49 ounces

Baby News: We went to an appointment on March 12, and we got to see the heartbeat pumping away! Unfortunately, we were incredibly disappointed with the doctor and clinic, so we have since found a new one. The doctor I saw for this appointment spent more time showing me my kidney and bladder than the baby (Um, who cares about seeing their bladder - you know it's there every time you go to the bathroom!) We also felt rushed and a little bullied into making choices and appointments without receiving a lot of information, so we knew it was time to find a new one. I found a new OB in Decatur who was recommended by a coworker. We don't have much time before we have to do the first trimester screen (done between 11 and 13 weeks), so I'm jumping in head-first with this new doctor. Hopefully, it's the right choice.

Symptoms: Exhaustion is still hanging around, but it's getting better. A bit of Barq's root beer is a nice pick-me-up if I want to do something besides go to bed as soon as I get home. Morning sickness is pretty much gone, as long as I eat breakfast and lunch with my students (as opposed to skipping breakfast and eating a late lunch).

Aversions: I've found that Italian food and pasta have become generally unappealing. Whatever I think sounds good for dinner at 3:30 on my way home sounds terrible by the time Davis gets home at 6. I've also had problems with actually taking time to cook food and then deciding when it's finished that, no, I really wanted cinnamon rolls instead. I don't eat desserts much any more, because I find they are just too rich for me.

Cravings: Okay, no real cravings yet, unless you count wanting a Smoothie King raspberry collider and Little Caesar's but not being able to find either. I do eat a lot of cinnamon/sugary things, like Cinnamon Toast Crunch, cinnamon-sugar bagels, cinnamon rolls. It seems that lightly flavored, sweet foods are always an okay choice. Three boxes of cereal has been consumed over the last couple weeks as well. Also, most forms of chicken are acceptable.

Comments from Others: I've gotten a kick out of hearing baby-related comments from others! In the past week I've heard "Oh, you've got a little pooch showing.", "Looks like you're losing weight. That's good because it means you'll be all baby!", "I think you've got a butt now. (To which I responded "I think I've always had one...")". I'm also getting a lot of "Don't carry this...don't lift that." "Stop reaching above your head, it'll make your boobs get bigger."

Stay tuned for more updates as Baby May goes from Plum to Peach to Lemon!

1 comment:

  1. I hope we're talking Newk's lemon and not Zaxby's lemon, because that would be heading in the wrong direction size wise.

    ReplyDelete